East Texas ADRC (ETxADRC) first began as a grant opportunity through the Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities Services (DADS), in 2008, now Texas Health and Human Services (THHS). Community Healthcore as the fiscal agent with support from:
- 2-1-1 Texas, East Texas Region
- Area Agency on Aging of East Texas
- THHS Community Services for Regions 4 & 5
- INFOline of Gregg County
- Workforce Solutions East Texas
- East Texas Center for Independent Living
- East Texas Border Health Clinic
- Early Childhood Intervention
In September 2009 ETxADRC moved to its current home at 501 Pine Tree Rd, Longview TX 75604 a collaborative of local and regional help organizations championed by the Honorable Bill Stoudt, Gregg County Judge.
The original designated area was six counties: Gregg, Harrison, Marion, Panola, Rusk, and Upshur. In 2014 ETxADRC was asked to expand to the current fourteen counties as a part of the eventual statewide ADRC coverage of Texas. Our current service area is: Anderson, Camp, Cherokee, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Marion, Panola, Rains, Rusk, Smith, Upshur, Van Zandt, and Wood counties.